Feb 26, 2015

Updated Review: Laneige BB cushion (Pore Control)

After trying out and reviewing the sample sized BB cushion, I decided to buy the full sized compact. This is my short review on the packaging, design and price point after going through one pack of it. Hopefully my review will help you decide whether you want to buy it.

 

Name: Laneige BB cushion (Pore Control)
Weight: 15 gm X 2 (they sell 1 + 1)

Price: $35:90 - $39:90 (Online price) $58:00 (Retail Price)
Buy from: Qoo10

 

 

IMG_9796

 

 

I bought my Laneige BB cushion from Qoo10 for $36.90. The set includes the compact with the BB cream and an additional refill pack. The seller was nice enough to include some free samples too.

 

Design:

 

IMG_9802

 

 

I love how sleek the design looks. White with sliver just screams classy. I like how there’s a plastic hinge to put your cushion onto, separating the cushion from the product definitely keeps things more hygienic. The full mirror within the compact makes touching up a breeze. Overall, I like the compact and I think it’s a good design that works. I only wish it is a little less bulky.

 

IMG_9803

 

 

 

Product:

 

The product is buildable but like I reviewed in my first post, it does not have very high coverage. It is definitely not suitable for someone with very bad skin.

 

Sadly for me, I have skin who’s condition goes up and down like a Roller coaster. On my good/healthy skin days, this product is da bomb! Just a light layer is enough to make me feel like a princess. But on my dry, flaky, tired skin days, the effect of this product will vary. Sometimes it just looks mweh. Of course the performance of a bb cream is largely dependent on the user’s skin condition but I thought I should be upfront about the variation in performance lest I paint an overly rosy picture.

 

IMG_9800

 

I bought #13 true beige because #21 Natural beige was a little too dark for me. While it is too light for my skin, it does have a nice brightening effect.  Though I have to be careful not to pile too much product onto the face otherwise I’d look like I have a white mask on XD I use it with concealers and powder on top.

 

 

Price & Maintenance:

 

After buying the full size, I realised how little 15 ml really is. 2 months into using this irregularly , I found myself scrapping the corners of the sponge, flipping the sponge over and pressing double hard just to get the product out.

 

IMG_9801

 

Yes, it hit me strangely hard how little 15ml is. 

 

After a bit of research I found out that all BB cushions comes in roughly 15ml packages too so Laneige’s BB cushion isn’t punking the consumers. But I felt the need to highlight this point because at only 15ml , the cost of maintaining this ‘lifestyle’ is a lot higher than usual bb creams (most BB creams contain 30ml or more). Not to mention some of the bb cream are also absorbed by the sponge and the cushion; inadvertently wasting more product.

 

I have also found out how troublesome it is to clean the cushion as you cannot simply wrangle the cushion. You can only lightly press it together from either sides.

 

 

Conclusion:

 

I feel very much on the fence here but I might not buy another set after I’m done with this one. I kinda feel like the product is just a regular BB cream that has been amplified with the use of an air puff cushion. I’m toying with the idea of making my own DIY BB cushion  with this casing after I’m done with it. Also toying with the idea of exploring other BB cushions from other brands.  

 

 

IMG_9799

 

I still like it very much though! But I think I’m reserving this for good skin and lazy days ahha

No comments: