May 2, 2013

Review: Hada Labo retinol firming + lifting cream

Name: Hada Labo retinol firming + lifting cream
Bought from: Watsons
Price: $28.90
Rating: 3/5

I ran out of my favourite Hada Labo moisturiser recently and decided to try their retinol firming one. I had previously done some research online and the bloggers mostly spoke positively about it. Only one particular blogger mentioned that the retinol lotion (which is kinda like toner) actually made her super sensitive hands peel and advices against using it in the day as it might react negatively with the sunlight.

I bought this 50ml product from Watsons for $28.90. Like the rest of Hada Labo's product, It comes in a simple plastic jar. Nothing fancy about it, no magnifying material or empty walls around the jar to make it look bigger than it actually is, which is good.

I've tried this cream for 2 nights and day and must say I'm not super impressed.


The cream is opaque white in colour and has a very viscose texture which made it really hard to blend. It is super sticky , probably due to the collagen ingredients and takes around 10 minutes for my skin to absorb it. It is so sticky that when I cringe my face I can feel the skin around my eyes stick together lol !

I'm not sure whether had I been using too much of it at a go thus the unwanted stickiness or it is really meant to be this sticky.




I have combination, dehydrated and sensitive skin. And I'm in air conditioned environment most of the time so I really appreciate a product that can keep my face from drying out.

Unfortunately with all it's viscosity and stickiness , it didn't seemed to hydrate my skin as effectively as I'd like. I still need my hydrating essence to boost its moisturizing effect. I'm not sure if it's just me not using the product correctly or my expectations were just too high. Either way, the product's not too bad but I guess I was expecting more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are supposed to warm it up in your palm and pad it onto your face like the lotion. It works a lot better this way, try it.

Kaika ( aka Elpheal) said...

thanks for the comment, I've already done tried that and it does indeed improves absorption. Though the hydrating effect is still lacking...

Anonymous said...

because combination to oily is not suitable to use such type of cream. it is too heavy for combination skin to absorb

Tight Clinic Toronto said...

Thanks for sharing a review on Hada Labo retinol firming + lifting cream. This will definitely help people searching for information about this product. However, I am using SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.3 Cream which also works well on my skin.